Click on the positions below for details.
We offer competitive starting wages based upon experience, excellent benefits with 401k, GHP Insurance, Guardian Dental & Vision, Aflac, paid holidays, vacation time, sick time, bonuses, and more!
We offer a 60-day evaluation with the potential for a raise, on top of our annual reviews.
4-Day Work Week, 3-Day Weekends!
All new hires are subject to a complete background check and drug screening.
The Estimator is responsible for all construction estimates for Renovations, Home Improvement, Custom Built Homes, and Commercial Construction.
This position provides quantity take-offs for all plans offered and built.
The Estimator ensures the construction integrity of all custom changes made to our plans and enters completed estimates into all required systems.
Responsible for the accuracy of all material and quantity usage by the plan. Responsible for all cost estimates for all company construction projects. Ensures all building estimates meet or exceed regulatory and Company standards. Ensures accuracy of all Blueprints; i.e. plan must meet or exceed regulatory standards.
- Utilizing software programs available: Builder trend, Sage 100 contractor, Mark Systems, Plan swift, Microsoft Office Suite.
- Produce and maintain accurate estimates and detailed take-offs for all residential and commercial plans.
- Enter information into the systems as appropriate to develop accurate and detailed take-offs.
- Establish a “Master Take-off” for each home plan.
- Creates, inputs and maintains a company parts database for all company software applications on a quarterly basis or as instructed by the Leadership team.
- Specific build estimates are to be prepared and entered into Builder Trend and Mark Systems within 7 days of the project’s start.
- Provide support for all pricing requests with take-off and cost elements on a timely basis to meet company standards received from Customers, Sales, Marketing, and CEO or COO.
- Accurate and timely takeoff and specific cost elements for all custom homes including remodels. (Remodels may require on-site visits by Estimator to ensure accuracy of the price quotation generated)
- Issues and inputs all management-approved variance purchase orders. Maintains a monthly cost variance report based on the variance P.O.s issued and processed.
- Release the final plans and home selections to the appropriate Trade Partners to obtain home/lot-specific pricing.
- Accuracy goals: Overall estimate to be within 1%; individual estimate categories within 3% either under or over actual cost.
Position: WordPress Web Designer Intern
Reports: Director of Marketing
Department: Sales and Marketing
We are looking for a skilled WordPress developer to update existing WordPress websites, as well as develop new websites for our Marr Family of Businesses.
The selected intern will be responsible for both back-end and front-end development including the implementation of WordPress themes and plugins as well as site integration and security updates.
This position will continually monitor the performance of our websites for speed and rankings and create enhancements for a better end-user experience.
Office Location: Internship is in Bloomsburg, PA.
We are looking to hire professional cleaners to join our team for both commercial and residential jobs.
We currently have 2 separate jobs available.
- Part-Time, Danville Area, Dayshift
- Part-Time, Bloomsburg Area, commercial jobs after 3pm.
🧹 Hourly wage based upon experience. Review with potential raise after 90 days, plus yearly reviews.
🧹 Our positions are currently part-time, 15-20 hours per week. Once the position is filled, we will market for more hours within the same area/time – with the potential to go full-time if interested.
🧹 GHP Insurance, Guardian Dental & Vision, Aflac, paid holidays, vacation time, sick time, 401k, bonuses, and more!
🧹 1-year experience preferred
🧹 Driver’s License Required
🧹 Must pass a complete background check and drug screening prior to employment.
🧹 As a federal contractor, Marr Development is requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Responsibilities include all aspects of cleaning, including:
- Vacuuming, sweeping, and mopping floors.
- Dusting ceilings, light fittings, countertops, and loose furniture.
- Scrubbing and sanitizing toilets, sinks, and kitchen fixtures.
- Emptying trash cans.
- Washing and drying windows.
- Additional duties as assigned, defined by signed contract with client.
We are looking to hire a detail-oriented HVAC Installer to add to our team. Our HVAC Installers are responsible for installing heating, ventilation, air conditioning, refrigeration, and other equipment following manufacture specifications and company requirements. Their job entails installing HVAC equipment in customers’ homes, including furnace, air handlers, indoor coils, UV lights, air cleaners, and humidifiers, working under minimum or no supervision.
HVAC Installer Responsibilities:
- Perform installation of HVAC related equipment following company policies and manufacturer’s specifications.
- Carry out wiring of both low and line voltage to cooling and heating equipment.
- Perform installation of copper refrigerant lines to air conditioning units, including brazing and soldering.
- Perform installation of flex and sheet metal duct systems in light commercial and residential buildings.
- Ensure connection of gas lines to heating equipment is properly done.
- Determine the right material needed for installation work by pre-measuring jobs.
- Receive all materials and equipment required for each job, confirm and load them into company vehicle.
- Create and maintain cordial and collaborative working relationships with both superiors and co-workers.
- Ensure all paperwork needed for each job is accurately filled out.
- Carry out readings on machines with the full understanding of the implication of such readings.
- Ensure assigned company vehicle is kept clean.
- Perform any other duty that may be directed by management.
HVAC Technician Requirements:
- High school diploma, GED or suitable equivalent.
- 1+ year experience as an HVAC installer, and willingness to continue education in HVAC field.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Understanding of advanced principles of air conditioning, refrigeration, and heating.
- Working knowledge of boiler systems.
- Ability to work a rotating emergency on-call schedule.
Responsible for installing air conditioning/heating and ventilation equipment, designing and installing ducts and duct fittings, also installing final grills. Also responsible for adhering to company procedures and following safety procedures and maintaining a healthy workplace environment with fellow workers.
HVAC Installer Job Duties:
- Assist with Duct Installation
- Demonstrate and establish effective working relationships with co-workers and management
- Complete all tasks efficiently
- Arrive on time and well-groomed
- Uses technical abilities to maintain systems
- Work in hot and cold environments
- Work is performed in tight spaces to run ductwork and install equipment
- Work is often carried out using a ladder or from heights
- Lift and carry materials
- Use hand tools to repair wiring, piping, and ductwork issues
- Work with team members to share information and workload while ensuring customer satisfaction
- Performs other duties as assigned
We are looking for an experienced Refrigeration Technician to join our installation and repair team. As a Refrigeration Technician, you will be responsible for processing and completing work orders, installing new refrigeration systems, troubleshooting mechanical failures, and performing equipment maintenance. You may also be required to advise on equipment upgrades and alternate cooling units.
To ensure success as a Refrigeration Technician, you should have advanced knowledge of HVAC and refrigeration systems, good mechanical skills, and excellent troubleshooting skills. Ultimately, a top-class Refrigeration Technician expertly installs, repairs, and maintains refrigeration equipment for a client with the least amount of down-time.
Refrigeration Technician Responsibilities:
- Processing and completing work orders.
- Contacting the client to ascertain their equipment needs.
- Ordering equipment supplies, repair modules, and sundries for the order.
- Reading and interpreting blueprints and compliance schematics.
- Installing climate control systems, refrigeration units, and beverage equipment.
- Observing and testing newly installed systems.
- Troubleshooting refrigeration equipment failures.
- Maintaining stock levels.
- Replacing worn seals, outer shells, and worn-out motors.
- Informing clients of repair costs and alternate cooling options.
Refrigeration Technician Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Previous experience as a Refrigeration Technician.
- HVAC certification.
- Braising and soldering skills.
- Knowledge of local building codes.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and compliance schematics.
- Advanced mechanical and diagnostic skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work outdoors in extreme weather conditions.
- Physically fit and able to lift heavy equipment.
We are looking to hire a detail-oriented HVAC Service Technician to install, maintain and repair HVAC systems. The HVAC Service Technician will be skilled in cleaning, adjusting, and repairing systems. You will guide and advise the customer to select the most appropriate air quality system to fulfill their requirements. You will be responsible for air quality systems from installation to end-of-life by performing maintenance, warranty and emergency repairs.
To be successful in this role, customer satisfaction, safety and comfort should be your top priority. Ideal candidates will be patient and have excellent organizational and troubleshooting skills.
HVAC Service Technician Responsibilities:
• Installing, maintaining, and repairing ventilation and air conditioning systems and equipment.
• Identifying maintenance risks on equipment.
• Diagnosing electrical and mechanical faults for HVAC systems.
• Cleaning, adjusting, and repairing systems, and performing warranty services.
• Performing emergency repairs promptly and efficiently.
• Providing technical direction and on-the-job training.
• Keeping daily logs and records of all maintenance functions.
HVAC Service Technician Requirements:
• High school diploma, GED or suitable equivalent.
• 1+ year experience as an HVAC technician, and willingness to continue education in HVAC field.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Understanding of advanced principles of air conditioning, refrigeration, and heating.
• Working knowledge of gas and oil boiler systems.
• Proficient in balancing air and water treatment systems in line with HVAC protocols.
• Ability to work a rotating emergency on-call schedule.
Concrete Finisher Job Description
We are looking to hire an experienced Concrete Finisher who can expertly pour, level and smooth concrete on a variety of surfaces including roads, sidewalks, curbs, and floors. You may also be required to set the forms that hold the concrete in place, patch existing surfaces, cut expansion joints and monitor the curing of the concrete to ensure a high-quality finish.
To be a successful Concrete Finisher, you must possess the skills necessary for the trade and be familiar with the latest concrete pouring technology.
Concrete Finisher Responsibilities:
- Setting forms that hold concrete in place.
- Cleaning and inspecting surfaces for pouring issues.
- Directing the casting of the concrete with the truck driver.
- Pouring, smoothing, and leveling concrete using a rake, trowel, float and screed. This includes handheld tools and power tool versions.
- Monitoring the effects of the weather on the curing process.
- Applying sealing and hardening components.
- Safely operating power vibrator to ensure concrete is compacted.
- Molding and constructing expansion joints using joiners and edging tools.
- Polishing surface using a power surfacing machine.
Concrete Finisher Requirements:
- High school diploma.
- Minimum 2 years’ work experience as a concrete laborer or mason.
- Knowledge of hand-held and power tools including power vibrators, polishers, cutting saws, and edging tools.
Construction Laborer Job Description
We are a busy construction firm and are always hiring dedicated Construction Laborers to join our team. You will be responsible for operating and maintaining various machines, load and unload frequently heavy materials, and follow directions from supervisors and other skilled tradesmen. To do well in this role you should be physically fit, reliable, and be a hard worker.
Construction Laborer Responsibilities:
- Operate and care for construction equipment and machines.
- Help equipment operator, carpenters, and other skilled labor when necessary.
- Prep construction sites by cleaning obstacles and hazards.
- Load or unload construction materials.
- Put together and take apart temporary structures, such as scaffolding.
- Remove, fill, or compact earth.
- Follow instructions from supervisors.
- Assist craft workers.
- Ready to learn from on-the-job training when necessary.
- Perform site clean-up.
Construction Laborer Requirements:
- Must have valid driver license.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma.
- Ability to do physical labor and other strenuous physical tasks.
- Ability to work in all weather.
- Workers must be punctual and reliable.
We are seeking a detail-oriented drywall finisher to join our team. As a drywall finisher, your duties will include sealing joints, repairing cracks, and smoothing imperfections on walls and ceilings to create surfaces that are suitable for final treatment.
To be successful as a drywall finisher, you should be able to complete tasks efficiently while maintaining a high quality of work.
Drywall Finisher Responsibilities:
- Joining drywall panels using tape and plaster.
- Repairing cracks and any other damage to the drywall panels.
- Concealing any imperfections or exposed irregularities in the drywall surface.
- Layering plaster or spackle with trowels to create a flat surface.
- Sanding down rough areas on the wall to create a smooth surface.
- Skimming the surface with a final layer of plaster in preparation for finishing work.
- Managing and maintaining all the required equipment for the job.
Drywall Finisher Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- At least one years’ experience as a drywall finisher.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to interpret construction blueprints.
- Knowledge of the applicable safety guidelines.
- Basic math skills.
We would like to hire an Electrician to join our team. You will be responsible for installing and repairing complex electrical control, wiring, and lighting systems working from a technical blueprint. To perform in this role you need an electrician degree from a technical college and experience in the field working on simple and complex electrical systems.
- Install, maintain and repair electrical control, wiring, and lighting systems.
- Read technical diagrams and blueprints.
- Perform general electrical maintenance.
- Inspect transformers and circuit breakers and other electrical components.
- Troubleshoot electrical issues using appropriate of testing devices.
- Repair and replace equipment, electrical wiring, or fixtures.
- Follow National Electrical Code state and local building regulations.
- Circuit breaker corrective maintenance.
- Good knowledge of heating and air conditioning systems.
- Good knowledge of various test equipment.
- Completion of electrician apprenticeship.
- Experience working as an electrician.
- High school diploma.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Electrician degree from a technical college.
- Deep electrical system, power generation, blueprints and maintenance and repair knowledge.
- Experience in renewable energy field.
We are seeking hard-working and reliable Finish Carpenters to join our year-round growing team. Our Finish Carpenters complete the finishing touches on trim and carpentry work for different residential and commercial construction jobs. You may work on a variety of projects, including cabinet making, framing, decking, window and stair customizations, crown molding, and baseboard installations.
We prefer candidates who have prior experience or training in trim carpentry or finish carpentry, but are willing to train a motivated individual who works hard and learns quickly.
Marr Development is searching for a reliable, deadline-driven framing supervisor to oversee separate construction crews at our company. The framing supervisor’s responsibilities include working hand in hand with their team, monitoring performance, making recommendations for improvement, and educating all staff on safety. You should ensure that projects stay within budget and that required materials and equipment are available. You will also be involved with new team hires.
To be successful as a framing supervisor, you should demonstrate a sound understanding of safety regulations and building codes and transfer this knowledge to your team. Top-notch construction supervisors are leaders who can identify problems and find feasible solutions to them.
Compensation for this position will be $25-$35 per hour based on experience. You must have a minimum of 2-years of experience in the trade you’re applying for, and previous supervisory experience is a plus. There is a financial incentive component based on the exceeding the construction schedules set by the estimation department for each trade.
We are looking to hire an experienced Framing Carpenter to construct the framework of buildings and other structures according to construction plans, including constructing window/door frames as well as staircases and flooring.
To be successful as a Framing Carpenter, you should be able to interpret blueprints and have knowledge of building codes and safety regulations.
Framing Carpenter Responsibilities:
- Accurately measuring, cutting, and shaping lumber, wood, and other building materials.
- Attaching building materials using screws, nuts, and bolts.
- Erecting temporary structures such as scaffolds and hoists.
- Performing repairs on existing framework structures that are damaged or structurally unsound.
- Analyzing blueprints and drawings to determine the structural dimensions of the framework to be constructed.
Framing Carpenter Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Knowledge of building codes and safety regulations.
- Physical strength and stamina.
- The ability to interpret blueprints and safely use hand and power tools.
We are seeking hard-working and reliable general carpenters to join our year-round growing team. Our carpenter installs foundations, walls, floors, ceilings, and roofs using various materials.
We prefer candidates who have prior experience but are willing to train the right candidate who is motivated, works hard, and learns quickly.
We are looking for a skilled, experienced mason who can cut, dress, and lay stone, and who is proficient with both modern power tools and traditional hand tools. Masons can expect to work in all weather and with various materials, lift and carry heavy objects, and read and assess technical drawings. Their responsibilities include texturing and polishing blocks of stone, installing dressed stone, mixing cement and mortar, and restoring old and damaged masonry works.
Successful masons should have a love for traditional techniques, a keenness for learning, exceptional problem-solving skills, and should have a natural talent for working with their hands. Ideal candidates will have completed a three-year apprenticeship, and be physically fit and able.
Painter Job Description
We are searching for a deadline-driven Painter with great attention to detail. The Painter will be expected to use color theory principles to match shades, follow written and verbal instructions, and use a variety of tools to paint surfaces. Other responsibilities include completing minor repairs and selecting correct paints and primers.
The ideal candidate will be able to understand clients’ visions, follow directions, and complete projects on time and to budget.
- Selecting the correct tools and paints for projects.
- Preparing walls and other surfaces before painting.
- Mixing and applying paints, varnishes, and sealants for a lasting finish.
- Covering exposed objects and surfaces.
- Using fillers such as putty and plaster to repair cracks.
- Keeping the workspace and tools clean.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1 year+ Experience painting residential or commercial spaces.
- Attention to detail.
We are looking for an experienced Plumber to install, maintain and repair sanitation units, water and gas supply lines, heating systems, and associated fixtures and appliances in residential, commercial, and industrial structures. You will also be required to design and inspect plumbing systems, perform diagnostics, and ensure they comply with regulatory codes.
To be successful as a Plumber you should be able to work independently and solve problems as quickly and efficiently as possible. To excel in this position you should have strong technical skills, be a master at troubleshooting and enjoy dealing with people.
- Reading and interpreting blueprints to assess or plan plumbing installations and layouts.
- Installing, maintaining, and repairing plumbing systems and fixtures.
- Fitting and repairing various household appliances.
- Cutting, welding, and assembling pipes, tubes, fittings, and fixtures.
- Inspecting and testing plumbing systems for safety, functionality, and code compliance.
- Handling customer queries and responding to call outs.
- Troubleshooting and resolving problems.
- Preparing cost estimates.
- Trade school diploma or completed apprenticeship.
- 1-3 years of experience as a Plumber.
- Valid plumbing license.
- Good working knowledge of water supply, heating, and ventilation systems.
- Proficiency in reading blueprints and using plumbing tools.
- Strong critical thinking and troubleshooting skills.
- Good listening and communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and patience.
- Physical dexterity.
Tile Setter Job Description
We are looking for a skilled Tile and Marble Setter to join our installation team. As a Tile and Marble Setter, you will meet cut tiles and marble to size, and install tiles and marble fittings to specification.
To ensure success as a Tile Setter, you should have extensive knowledge of tiling and marbling techniques, a good eye for detail, and excellent communication skills.
Tile Setter Responsibilities:
- Measuring the area that must be tiled or marbled to determine stock requirements.
- Cutting and shaping tiles or marble to size.
- Cleaning and leveling the surface area.
- Applying tiling cement and arranging tiles or marble according to design plans.
- Applying tiling grout.
- Cleaning off excess grout and conducting post-installation inspections.
Tile Setter Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Previous experience as a Tile and Marble Setter.
- Basic carpentry skills.
- Ability to operate hand and machine cutting tools.
- Knowledge of tiling designs and installation techniques.
Roofer Job Description
We are looking to hire an efficient Roofer to repair clients’ existing roofing systems and install new roofing systems where needed. The Roofer’s responsibilities include removing hazards from roofs, gutters, and adjacent structures, setting up barricades and warning lines, and performing all tasks necessary for roof maintenance.
- Inspecting the structure of roofs to determine the best course of action.
- Measuring and cutting materials to ensure that they fit securely around vents, gutters, chimneys, and walls.
- Smoothing out rough spots on roofs to prepare the surface for new shingles or waterproofing.
- Replacing areas of clients’ roofs that are damaged or rotting.
- Installing vapor barriers and insulation to create a more waterproof seal.
- Safely setting up ladders, scaffolding and hoisting equipment as required.
- Safely transporting all required equipment and materials to job sites.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Proven roofing or general construction experience.
- Working knowledge of different roofing systems.
We are searching for a cautious CDL driver to add to our Marr Team. We are looking for both a Class A & Class B Tri-axle driver, with Standard Transmission Endorsement.
CDL Driver Requirements:
- Experience operating similar vehicles for work purposes.
- Standard Transmission Endorsement
- Acceptable Driving Record
- Compliance with all road and transport rules.
- Excavation experience is a plus, but not necessary.
If you are interested in a position, please fill out the form below and HR will be in touch!
Reminder: All new hires must pass a complete background check and drug screening.